Committees & Teams
Lay Pastoral Care Team
Goal of Position
Support members of the congregation as they struggle through life’s transitions by providing a ministry of hope through compassionate listening.
- Phone conversations
- Home visits
- Hospital visits
- Community programs; such as Senior Living Decisions Programs, Group sharing/Support sessions for those affected or concerned about changes in 2011 re public employees in Wisconsin
- Length of Commitment: 2 year minimum commitment at onset
- Estimated Total Hours:
- one required 2 hour meeting per month
- varies member to member by choice and circumstances re “story tellers”.
- Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month 7-9pm
- “storyteller” contacts vary with the situation: weekly, bi-weekly, monthly
- Must be a non-judgmental, compassionate listener
- Able to keep confidences
- Complete a 12-15 hour training
Rev. Lynch and Rev. Hlaban
- Personal and spiritual growth
- Being part of a really cool, fun team of people!
- It is by giving that we receive