Committees & Teams
Long Range Planning
Goal of Position
Create a strategic plan for the congregation. This committee forms approximately every five years to review the previous plan and create a new one from congregational input.
We recommend the continuation and revitalization of the long range planning process so that we have a long range plan, named Vision 2020, for the church for fiscal years 2013/14 through 2019/2020.
The plan is based on the Global Ends developed by the Board of Trustees and widely accepted by the congregation. In Vision 2020 each of the Global Ends would have measurable goals. The Global Ends and Long Range Plan will become the basis for shorter term goals and decision-making by the Board, committees, and staff. Annual goals and budgets will be aligned with this plan.
- Research demographics of area around UUCW
- Host congregational information-gathering sessions
- Meet with leadership and staff to learn about their goals and dreams
- Create a final plan to present to the Board of Trustees and the congregation
- Length of Commitment: One year
- Estimated Total Hours: Monthly meetings of two hours with lots of other individual projects to complete.
- Scheduling: Meetings, workshops, as needed.
- Ability to interact well with diverse groups and individuals
- Enthusiasm for the future of UUCW
- Ability to be open-minded and use active listening in meetings
Board of Trustees
- Serve the congregation in a vital leadership position.
- Meet many congregants and groups at UUCW
- Work on a team