Committees & Teams
Goal of Position
The web team is responsible for ongoing improvement and maintenance of the UUCW.org website. The site is built in Joomla, a powerful Content Management System. Most team members either know or learn Joomla basics so they can publish articles and do simple maintenance on the site.
Team members perform a variety of functions including writing, photography and programming. Team members take on specific responsibilities such as: maintaining a particular section of the site, organizing a photo gallery, updating weekly podcasts, etc.
- Length of Commitment: One year
- Estimated Total Hours: Up to each individual. Most people put in about 3 – 4 hours per month
- Scheduling: The team usually meets twice a year. Otherwise most work is done individually and coordinated with the group through e-mail.
Qualifications: (any of the following)
- Basic web programming or familiarity with Content Management Systems
- Graphic design
- Learn more about web-based programs.
- Great satisfaction knowing that you are helping to spread the word about UUCW and its mission.