Committees & Teams
Goal of Position
Maintain UUCW’s library and promote its catalog to church members.
- Process library materials (cards and labels).
- Check out materials.
- File catalog cards.
- Shelve materials.
- Read shelves (make sure everything is in order).
- Write thank you notes for donated materials.
- Call or e-mail people who have overdue library materials.
- Staff the library between services on Sunday.
- Help with the monthly book table.
- Help with the Book Fair.
Currently the co-chairs are doing these since we have more specialized library backgrounds, but there is no reason some of this couldn’t be done by anyone with some library knowledge.
- Catalog materials and print out labels on the computer using library software.
- Select and order library materials.
- Provide bibliographies for special topics.
- Write articles for West Wind newsletter and/or Sunday Order of Service.
- Assemble materials for monthly Book Table.
- Weed collection when necessary.
- Length of Commitment: Minimum of one year.
- Estimated Total Hours: Volunteer approximately once a month to staff the library or the Book Table. Attend an occasional library work day.
- Scheduling: Attend committee meetings about four times a year.
None needed but a willingness to help as well as learn new tasks.
- Use or develop a knowledge of UU literature;
- Use or develop basic library skills;
- Work in close environment with others who share interest in UU literature;
- Opportunity to meet members who make use of our library.