Committees & Teams
Goal of Position
Identify and recruit UUCW members to serve on the Board of Trustees, the Endowment Funds Committee and the Nominating Committee for the coming church year. This committee’s existence and role are defined in UUCW’s Bylaws.
The Nominating Committee proposes the slate of nominees for elected positions within the church. Ideally committee members would have experience with Board or Endowment Committee functions, and be well-networked into some aspect of our church’s life. Members set their own meeting schedule, with work concentrated mid-December through March.
- Speak to congregants to ask them to serve in elected leadership positions.
- Consult Nominating archives for possible candidates.
- Consult with church leaders and ministers for their input on skills needed in candidates.
- Length of Commitment: Elected for two years.
- Estimated Total Hours: Monthly meetings of two hours and other duties outside of meeting time.
- Scheduling: Varies throughout the church year until the nominations deadline as indicated in church bylaws.
- Ability to interact well with diverse people.
- Good understanding of the wider vision of UUCW’s mission.
- Enthusiasm for learning about leadership.
Reports to: Elected by the congregation.
- Serve the congregation in the vital work of succession planning among church leadership.
- Work on a team of passionate, caring individuals.