Committees & Teams
Assistant Minister Advisory Committee
Goal of Position
To act as a sounding board for ideas and conduit for feedback from the congregation to the Assistant Minister; to aid the Assistant Minister in carrying on an effective ministry by being available to her/him for counsel; and to assist in the UUA Ministerial Fellowship Renewal process.
- Model open and respectful relationships with the Assistant Minister, Minister, and staff
- Educate Assistant Minister Advisory Committee members and the congregation in the Assistant Minister's areas of ministry and how they fit with the overall ministry of the church
- Interpret to the Congregation the nature and scope of the work of the Assistant Minister including role expectations and realistic priorities
- Share feedback from congregation members with the Assistant Minister with the member’s knowledge and permission, knowing that their name will be given
- Assist the Assistant Minister in the UUA Ministerial Fellowship Renewal process, e.g. planning and evaluation in setting goals, assessing progress, making professional development plans, and submitting necessary forms and any other duties as directed by the Assistant Minister, Committee on Ministry, or the Board of Trustees.
- Length of Commitment: Three years
- Estimated Total Hours: Monthly two-hour meetings
- Scheduling: Terms would begin on August 1st of year 1 and end on July 31st of year 3.
Members should possess the following characteristics: A firm commitment to the overall health of the Church; the trust of the Minister, Assistant Minister and the congregation, and a willingness to attend and participate in all decisions.
The Committee on Ministry
Experience shared ministry with one of UUCW’s professional staff.