Committees & Teams
Global Justice & Peace Task Force
Goal of Position
Plan and implement activities in the church which help provide education and action around issues of peace and justice. We promote church member participation in community activities and form partnerships with other local peace groups.
- Sponsor workshops
- Coordinate participation in peace rallies
- Host “Write for Rights” potluck and letter writing campaigns
- Inform congregation of community-based activities and events
- Length of Commitment: No required length of involvement.
- Estimated Total Hours: Monthly meetings of two hours.
- Scheduling: Other activities as planned.
- An interest in peace and justice in our communities
- Willingness to work on a team
- Ability to work with diverse individuals
Co-chairs of Task Force
- Work for a more peaceful and just world
- Meet different people in the community
- Learn how to work on a team
- Have fun!