Committees & Teams
Guest House Coordinator
Goal of Position
Coordinate UUCW’s participation in providing meals at Guest House on a regular basis.
- Work with Guest House coordinators at UU Church North and First Church to create a yearly rotation schedule.
- Compose and submit announcements to the Administrative Assistant before the designated deadline.
- Ensure that food and servers are signed up for meal service at Guest House by creating sign-up and information sheets and being present after both services for the three Sundays before the date for the meal. Answer questions and encourage people to sign up.
- Remind volunteers the night before or morning of the date of the meal via phone calls or email.
- Lead the team that takes the food to Guest House and serves it or find someone qualified to do it.
- Bring dishes back to UUCW so their owners can pick them up.
- Length of Commitment: Two years
- Estimated Total Hours: 7 hours per turn at Guest House (every 2-3 months)
- Scheduling: Monthly service for Guest House – rotates with other UU churches.
- Willingness to serve the homeless with good food
- Ability to drive to the Guest House facility
Social Action Council
- Help the homeless with good food
- Have direct contact with homeless individuals
- Learn compassion for those who are homeless