Committees & Teams
Social Action Council
Goal of Position
To be part of a ministry which advises, facilitates and coordinates the congregation’s efforts to advance social justice.
- Serve as liaison of the Social Action Council to one or more of its task forces.
- Decide Social Action theme each year.
- Authorize or de-commission social action projects teams or subgroups.
- One Recorder will keep accurate minutes and distribute them to members.
- In charge of SA endowment including decisions regarding spending of endowment funds.
- Length of Commitment: Three years.
- Estimated Total Hours: 14-15 hours per year.
- Scheduling: Six two-hour meetings per year; additional duty of contacting task forces should take less than one hour per year.
- Interested in social justice issues.
- Commitment to serving.
- Growth in personal lifestyle.
- Build a connection between personal spirituality and social action.
- Meet other like-minded friends and/or members of UUCW.
- Learn to work on a team.