The Auction is one of the biggest and best events we hold every other year at UUCW, so please mark your calendar now for the evening of Saturday, November 10, 2018. You won’t want to miss out!
Our Auction Theme “Making Memories” is inspired by our November Soul Matters Theme, “A People of Memory.” What could be more fun than donating a party, dinner, event or memorable item to the auction so that you and your UUCW friends can make memories together? The Auction itself can be a memory-maker, too — just $10 at the door is your ticket to delicious food, drinks, and other fun activities as well as bidding for great items, events & services at Silent and Live Auctions!
The Auction also serves to raise money to help fund our church operating budget for both the 2018-19 and 2019-20 fiscal years — And NEW This Year… it will also raise funds for our Brigadistas — the team that will travel with Bridges to Community to the Dominican Republic in Summer, 2019 to build houses and community with people in need!
Donate an Item or Service
There will be Auction Team members available in the Community Room after services beginning in September to help you make a donation — and you’ll be able to register your donation online from home in the weeks ahead, too!
But for now, here are some Donation Ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Heritage Dinner — Host a meal for 8 in your home with the food and drink of your own ethnic heritage!
- Weekend Getaway — Donate the use of your vacation home for a weekend.
- Gift Cards — If someone gave you a gift card you won’t use — donate it and we’ll offer it as a prize in a fun game on Auction Night!
- Host a Picnic at an Outdoor Concert — Team up with a friend to offer prime seating and a yummy picnic for a group at one of next summer’s fun outdoor concerts around the MKE area.
- A “Memories Basket” with a classic book & movie (like “2001: A Space Odyssey” or the whole Harry Potter series, with popcorn, beverages, and other memorabilia!
- Handcrafted Items — The Auction offers at least three components: a live auction, a silent auction, and a boutique so that hand-made items at different price points can all be offered!
- Special Dinner Party — These are especially popular at our Auction. Team up with your friends to cook and host a memorable meal!
- Teach a Skill or Offer a Service — Are you a whiz at something? Consider donating a lesson or two, or a workshop for a group of ten where people can learn what you know!!
- Host an Adventure — The possibilities are endless in beautiful Wisconsin for exploring and enjoying!
There are so many fun things to donate — like a game night for four, home-baked pie, dance lessons, a piece of art, or a few hours of yard work!
Once you know what you are going to donate, complete a donation form.
Ask Local Businesses for Donations
Local businesses are often happy to donate a gift certificate or something from their inventory as a way to support their neighbors and clients. These items are always a hit. Ask your favorite restaurant, coffee shop, spa, or auto-service business to donate something for your church! Use this Vendor Donation Letter to ask for donations.
Mark Your Calendar!
Put Saturday, November 10 on your calendar, and plan to attend. Invite friends, too!
Contact Vicki Banville, Church Administrator, via the church office with your questions .