Unitarian Universalist Church West
13001 W. North Ave., Brookfield, WI 53005 (262) 782-3535
Applications are being accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org until June 20, 2018.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Part-Time (2018)
Reports to: Church Administrator
Collaborative Relationships: UUCW ministers and staff
FLSA Status: Part-Time (20hrs/wk), Non-exempt
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week (Shifts vary depending on weekly needs – typically 9:30-3pm Tuesday, 10-2pm Wednesday, 10-3pm Thursday, 9:30-3pm Friday)
Summary Description: This part-time position is responsible for fulfilling clerical and administrative needs of the church.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate information requests and other kinds of assistance for church members and staff.
- Data entry including weekly visitor information, pledge payments, new member information, attendance statistics.
- Assist in creating documents, letters, and marketing materials.
- Manage the church calendar; take room reservations from volunteer leaders and staff.
- Receptionist duties including answering the door and office voicemail.
- S. mail management including directing incoming and outgoing mail, preparing multiple mailings throughout the year and preparing monthly bulk mailing.
- Publications production requiring duplicating, folding, or collating.
- Keep office supply inventory and purchase office supplies regularly.
- Keep administrative office organized and neat.
- General clerical tasks.
- Assist in preparations for multiple events and services throughout the year which may include evening and weekend hours.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks assigned by the Church Administrator.
- Proven general clerical skills, advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially Word and Excel), basic database, calendar, and forms software.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff members.
- Flexibility and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Clear and pleasant interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to be dependable
- Ability to take initiative.
- Supportive of Unitarian Universalist values and our approach to liberal religion.