It’s time to support UUCW with your financial pledge for 2020-21.
The past year has been amazing for UUCW Here’s a few highlights:
- We’ll soon complete the Build 2020 renovations on our beloved building – bringing us greater comfort, sustainability, accessibility, and beauty…
- Last spring we “graduated” our first Intern Minister, Kimberlee Tomczak Carlson!
- We’ve supported eleven amazing organizations via our Split the Plate program, and continued our work in dismantling racism with Black Lives Matter to Wisconsin UUs, MICAH and SOPHIA, too.
- We’ve enjoyed well-crafted worship services each Sunday with great music from our Choirs, Kaleidoscope Band, Jen Nicolosi & Ruben Piirainen, and special guests!
- Our Lay Pastoral Care and CommUUnity Connections Teams have helped dozens of church members find much-needed support in hard times.
- We hosted Drag Queen Story Hour AND led the UU delegation in the Milwaukee Pride Parade.
- We joined in the Global Climate Strike and we continue our Earth Ministry efforts.
- And to top it all off, we hired a wonderful new Director of Lifespan Religious Education, Dave Cicero!
And that’s only a small sampling of the ways UUCW has touched the lives of our members and the greater community this year! Just think of our many groups and activities, social action projects, and events…
How do we do it? You make it happen! Your generosity empowers UUCW to draw on our shared values and make big leaps in joy, compassion, justice, and commitment!
That’s why we’re asking you to support the LEAP campaign – our Annual Financial Pledge Drive. The LEAP campaign launches with a party on Leap Day, Saturday, February 29 from 6-8 pm, but you can make your pledge anytime – even right now!
Make Your Pledge Today – Five Easy Options
- Complete a Pledge Form at church on any Sunday in March.
- Make your pledge online. Go to uucw.org and click on Realm Login (it’s on the red bar at the top of the page). Enter your pledge in the Donate section. You can also set up your one-time or recurring gift amount for Operating Budget 2020-21.
- Postal-mail the personalized pledge form sent to you in February to the church office (or send a mailed note with the amount you’d like to pledge) to UUCW, 13001 W. North Ave., Brookfield, WI 53005
- Call or e-mail the UUCW office with your pledge. Vicki Banville, Church Administrator, would be happy to help you make your Pledge.
- If you currently use our “auto-pay” system (pledge deducted directly from your checking or savings account) let us know via phone, email, or postal mail, what pledge amount you’d like to give for the year beginning May 1.
Some things to consider when Pledging
- At a time when a hurting world needs us more than ever – your giving matters. When you give to UUCW, your money funds all we do for our members and friends, but it also extends our hope, inspiration, challenge, and support to a much broader circle.
- The amount you pledge is up to you. We invite you to commit to an amount that reflects your deepest aspirations for yourself and for UUCW. Every gift counts! And, to meet the budget this year we ask you to increase your giving by at least 3% if possible.
- Some of our longtime members have reached retirement age or moved away to live closer to grandchildren. Ask yourself: Can I make a Generosity Leap like these founders and church-builders?
- Need more information? See the FACT SHEET: UU Church West Fiscal Year 2020-2021 can tell you more about UUCW is funded.
UUCW is a place to be ourselves and find kindred souls. UUCW reminds us that joy is our journey, guided by our UU values of compassion and generosity. UUCW means children and teens are nurtured in progressive religious values — and we are all given tools to live our faith. At UUCW, we join forces to fight racism and oppression and build a better world.
Thanks for all you give. And if you have pledging questions, please contact the UUCW Stewardship Team via Chair, Leslie Peterson or Vicki Banville, Church Administrator via the church office.