Due to the continued high rate of COVID cases in both Milwaukee and Waukesha counties, the Board of Trustees has accepted the recommendations of the ROC-19 task force for UUCW to remain closed to in-person worship thru Sunday 1/30/22.
The task force plans to reassess the latest COVID data again on 1/28. If COVID cases have shown a significant downward trend, hospitalizations are down and testing availability has improved, the task force will advise the Board that UUCW could resume in-person services as soon as feasible. If COVID statistics have not improved, the task force will advise remaining shut down to in-person services and reassess again in 2 weeks.
The task force has also issued new recommendations for Small group meetings, which may resume immediately per the following precautions:
- Groups of 6-8 max to allow for 6 ft distancing in the Community room.
- Group Leaders strongly urge their members to defer meeting in-person if not vaccinated.
- If feeling unwell, STAY HOME.
- Everyone signs in/agrees to notify UUCW if they become infected within 2 days after the meeting.
- Medical-grade masks should be worn by everyone.
- No sharing of food or drink, to avoid removing masks.
Outdoor events, including Suzelle’s retirement party and outdoor RE activities, may resume immediately with all the same precautions as above. Food and drink are OK and there are no group size limits (due to less chance of transmission outside).