A message from our Church Administrator Vicki Banville
The project’s end is finally here!
Here’s what was completed the past few weeks of January:
- The elevator passed the final inspection and is now in operation.
- A temporary railing was installed on the new ramp in the lower level. The permanent railing has been ordered and will be installed in the next few weeks.
- The exterior doors at the main west entrance and the exterior doors at the top of the ramp in the lower level near the Gathering Area are installed to completion.
- The elevator foyer on the main level was finished with new flooring, ceiling, and paint.
- The elevator foyer on the lower level was finished with new flooring, ceiling, and paint.
- The hallway on the lower level with the new ramp was finished with new flooring and paint.
- Controls for the new main HVAC system were passed over to UUCW.
- Final inspection completed by Brookfield was passed.
Tasks yet to complete over the next two weeks include:
- Permanent railing on new ramp in lower level will be installed in the next few weeks.
- Final “Punch List” was created during a final walk-through with Plunkett Raysich Architects, Berghammer Construction, and representatives from UUCW. *A “Punch List” is a construction term meaning to-do list.
- More cleaning and touch-ups will be completed around the building.
Artwork, signs, and name tags, oh my!
An Art Task Force was created by the UUCW Exec Team. Task Force members include Greer Jordan, Kelly Bognar, Stephanie Richardson, Eddee Daniel, Janet Sandretti, Dave Cicero, and Suzelle Lynch. The team will be working on artwork, signage, and placement of things like name tags, furniture, and other displays. Watch for updates!
If you have questions, or simply want to discuss the project in more detail, contact Phil Kroner, Chair of the Build 2020 Task Force.