Unitarian Universalist Church West offers religious education (RE) programs for children and youth, starting Sept. 18 and running through May 21, 2023.
- Online RE: (Not being offered at this time.)
- Nursery: Infants and toddlers under 4 receive care and supervision from a Lead Caregiver and volunteer parents and/or teen RE Assistants during Sunday worship. (9:45-11:15 am)
- Primary/Elementary RE: 4K – Gr. 5/6 children join their family in the Sanctuary for the first portion of the service, then leave for multi-grade class sessions most Sundays. There, students build community and explore monthly Soul Matters themes through ritual, wisdom stories, wondering questions, and hands-on activities.
- Middle School: Gr. 6/7-8 youth also depart after the Story for All Ages for RE.
– “Neighboring Faiths” program planned for Winter/Spring. Students learn about world religions, occasionally visiting area houses of worship, while clarifying UU values and Principles.
– Additional “Coming of Age” (Gr. 7-9) class to be offered in Winter/Spring.
- High School(Gr. 9-12) youth are encouraged to attend (and help lead?) Sunday worship services, then meet every other Sunday at 7 pm for fun, fellowship, and future planning.
– YRUU(“Young Religious UUs”): high school youth group
– Additional “Coming of Age” (Gr. 7-9), “Senior Bridging”(Gr. 12) and “Gr.10-12 OWL” classes to be offered in Winter/Spring.
To be sure of receiving the most current RE information, please register your family by submitting the information requested HERE. Please contact Dave Cicero, DLRE if you run into any problems or have questions.
UUCW’s RE program is a cooperative one, meaning it relies on volunteers — especially as co-facilitators of classes. (Other opportunities do exist). Orientation and ongoing support are provided. Families are not charged fees for RE but pledges to the congregation are requested, to support all ministries — including the liberal religious education of children, youth, and adults.