The ROC-19 Task Force recently reviewed the updated numbers on the COVID levels. Waukesha and Milwaukee counties remain at Medium levels so masks should continue to be worn for all inside group activities at UUCW. The new variants are not only more transmissible but are showing more resistance to the vaccines; so even though we tend to have a high vaccination rate among our congregation, vaccinated and boosted folks are still experiencing breakthrough infections, and we need to encourage following our current precautions.
With the Medium Risk Level, the ROC-19 Task Force advises:
- No singing by the congregation during services.
- Masks should be worn throughout the building for everyone – services, meetings, and staff meetings.
- Staff members do not need to mask when alone in an office.
- Masks should be worn by all during the after-service social hour.
- Coffee service can continue for now, with reminders to keep masks in place unless sipping.
- Food is not advised at meetings as people tend to remove masks for longer periods while eating.
Roc-19 Task Force member Dr. John Meurer offers a USA Today article about the current outlook.