December’s non-perishable food collection will be given to the Food Pantry of Waukesha County. The Food Pantry provides food, hope, and dignity to county residents in need, and advocates to increase awareness of hunger through community partnerships. This pantry receives surplus food from the Government and distributes it to small pantries near Waukesha.
Items currently needed:
- canned fruit, especially pineapple & Mandarin oranges
- whole grain cereal
- shelf-stable protein (stews, tuna, chicken and tofu)
- meal makers (Hamburger Helper)
- gravy and broth
- chunky soup (ready to eat)
- canned pasta with meat
- shelf stable almond or soy milk
Thank you to our Religious Education youth who will be promoting the Food Pantry in their display of the Holiday Giving Tree in the church foyer. If you have any questions, contact Ellen. Thank You! Ellen Newbauer and Melanie Weston, Co-chairs.