Take a chance and win big! UU Church West is raffling off Dinner for Two Anywhere in the World!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are my chances of winning? How many tickets will be sold? We will only sell up to 2500 tickets — so your chances of winning are much higher than the lotter or most raffles of this kind.
- Can I buy a raffle ticket for a friend or family member? Yes, you can — in fact, we hope you’ll gift tickets to all your loved ones!
- Can I buy raffle tickets with a credit card or Pay Pal? Raffle ticket sales are cash or check only. So bring some $$ to church!
- Why is UUCW doing this raffle? The Dinner for Two Raffle is a fund-raiser for our church operating budget — other congregations and non-profit organizations have used it successfully with the support of their members and friends.
- Can I really have dinner ANYWHERE in the world? The travel agency we are working with will do their very best to make your dream dinner a reality. The prize dollar amount is intended to cover your travel and accommodations as well as the meal. See the Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Is it only dinner for TWO? What if I want to take my whole family? You can take as many people as you want, as long as the expenses fit within the prize dollar amount! See the Terms and Conditions for more information.
- What is the Prize dollar amount? The Prize grants the winner $6000, of which at least $3000 must be expended on travel and accommodations booked through our chosen travel agency. See the Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Can I sell tickets? We are counting on every church member to sell at least ten raffle tickets! With your help, the raffle will succeed. See “Selling Rules and Strategies” for more information. There will be prizes for top ticket-sellers in mid-December and early January.
- When & where is the drawing? The winning ticket will be drawn at UUCW on Sunday, January 12, 2020 during the worship service. A very special secret guest from beyond UUCW will draw the winning ticket for us! You do not need to be present to win.
- Will the winnings be taxed? UUCW will pay 25% tax on the gross Prize amount. Please see the Terms and Conditions for more info on the winner’s tax liability.
If you have additional Raffle questions, contact Church Administrator Vicki Banville.