We are happy to announce that our Re-Opening COVID-19 (ROC-19) Task Force has given us the go-ahead to begin holding indoor worship services beginning November 14. Online service broadcasts will continue, and COVID precautions will remain in place.
While our “new” indoor services won’t be exactly like pre-COVID UUCW worship, we hope to preserve the beauty of our traditions while keeping all of our members, friends and visitors as safe as possible.
Features and Guidelines for UUCW Indoor Worship Beginning November 14, 2021
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early (by 9:45 am) to sign in. Signing in allows us to do contact tracing for COVID if necessary.
- Wear a mask that covers both your nose and mouth at all times. Note that speakers at the pulpit will unmask at times; this does not mean you can remove your mask.
- Bring a coat or warm sweater! We will have windows open and fans on for better air exchange and circulation.
- Sanitize your hands regularly. We will provide sanitizer at the East and West entrances.
- There will be limited seating in the Sanctuary. Overflow seating will be available in the Community Room, with a big-screen TV showing the service.
- No Coffee Hour – Yet! Our COVID guidelines do not yet allow eating or drinking indoors. In addition, the CDC recommends limiting your time in an enclosed space to an hour or less.
- Silent Joys and Concerns Candles. We’ll provide a place in the Sanctuary where you may light a candle for a joy or concern, and fill out a Sharing Card before or after the service.
- No congregational singing – but humming behind your mask is ok! Singing in a large group indoors is still strongly discouraged by the Association of UU Music Ministries, the professional organization for congregational music leaders, and other professional musicians’ groups.
- Religious Education Families – Families with children in Religious Education will gather in the large, lower-level Gathering Area to view the first part of the service on a large screen before the children head to classes and adults head to the Sanctuary.
- Vaccination Required for Volunteers – All Sunday Volunteers must be vaccinated; please contact Vicki Banville for details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have questions or suggestions about these guidelines, please contact Rev. Suzelle Lynch (email@example.com) We look forward to seeing you on November 14 – indoors or on the livestream broadcast!