A Message from Rev. Suzelle Lynch
Dear Ones — we have some BIG news for you regarding worship at UUCW this Fall….
The UUCW Re-Opening COVID-19 Task Force (ROC-19) gave guidance to the Board a week ago, and their message, loud and clear, is that we cannot hold worship indoors YET. The Delta variant of COVID is simply too contagious, and too prevalent in both Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties. (Find Milwaukee County and Waukesha County data HERE). But WE CAN meet for services OUTDOORS — Hooray!
HERE’S THE PLAN:
Beginning on Ingathering Sunday, September 12 we will gather together OUTDOORS, in-person at 10 am near UUCW’s West Entry and watch the livestream service together on a big TV! There will be a “social hour” afterwards with beverages and snacks.
SOME GUIDELINES AND FEATURES of INGATHERING 9/12
- Masks will be required for everyone over the age of two.
- Restrooms will be available.
- Music from the Kaleidoscope Worship Band is part of livestream service
- Outdoor Activities for children age six and up begins after the Worship for All Ages segment of the service.
- After the service – Rev. Suzelle & Rev Denise will lead in-person, outdoor Water Communion with Special Blessings – please bring some water that symbolizes your summer, and enjoy meeting our wonderful Rev. Denise in person! (we will have some water for pouring, in case you forget yours, of course!)
- We’ll have Fun UUCW Swag to inspire us to Embrace Possibility – That’s our Soul Matters Theme for September!
- Activities & snacks for everyone during social hour.
PLAN TO STAY AT HOME?
The livestream will be in a NEW place beginning 9/12: www.uucw.org/livestream
We will keep meeting in-person outdoors this Fall to watch the service livestream, have children’s RE activities and share social hour every Sunday that weather permits. And when the ROC-19 Task force lets us know we can do so safely, we will change to indoor, in-person worship. (For fuller ROC-19 guidelines, go HERE.) If the weather is poor – AND for those who prefer to worship from home, our livestream worship will definitely continue!
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!
- Please join us on Sundays… It’s just not church without you, and we are longing to see you.
- Bring your own folding chair. We will have some seating available, but you can help make comfort for everyone by bringing your own! (NOTE: If you have in-good-condition folding camp or lawn chairs to donate, let Vicki Banville, Church Administrator know ASAP – email@example.com)
- Hot day? Bring an umbrella to shade yourself. We always have some shade from trees and canopies, but we want YOU to be comfy.
- VOLUNTEER to help greet, usher, and serve. We are seeking COVID-vaccinated volunteers to help each Sunday! Go HERE to learn more about the jobs and sign up!
We know this news is not what we all hoped for – but we believe that with your help and participation we can have a wonderful Fall in worship and community at UUCW!
Sending deep caring to you all on behalf of the UUCW Staff, Board and the ROC-19 Task Force — Rev. Suzelle