Unitarian Universalist Church West, 13001 W. North Ave., Brookfield, WI 53005 (262) 782-3535
Raffle 2019-20: Dinner for Two, Anywhere in the World Terms and Conditions
- Unitarian Universalist Church West (herein referred to as UUCW) is holding a raffle to benefit the programs and ministries of the church, whose mission statement states: “Unitarian Universalist Church West is a congregation of adults, youth, and children diverse in identity and beliefs. We strive for honest, caring relationships that inspire and enable spiritual and ethical growth. We promote religious freedom and engage in a shared search for personal and collective meaning. We serve our larger world by practicing compassion and working for justice.”
- The Prize for the Winner is: Dinner for Two, Anywhere in the World. The Winner is entitled to two round-trip airline flights on a commercial airline, to and from any major international airport, dinner for two at the restaurant of their choice (excluding alcoholic beverages), and hotel accommodations for two. Destination and restaurant will be selected by the Winner. Total Prize value is not to exceed $6,000 (income reported to federal and state taxing authorities will be greater than the $6,000 net Prize value – see item 11 of this Terms and Conditions document). If the Winner wishes to expend Prize funds on travel and accommodations for more than two persons, they may do so.
- Travel arrangements must be made through Elm Grove Travel (13380 Watertown Plank Rd., Elm Grove, WI 53122). The travel-related portion of the Prize must be a minimum of $3000.00. Any amount over $3000.00 not expended for travel may be awarded in cash (up to the $6000.00 Prize total). Any costs over $6000.00 are the responsibility of the Winner. The Prize is not transferable. Travel must be booked by December 31, 2020.
- Winner must be 18 years of age as of January 12, 2020 to win the Prize. Winner may be required to provide proof of age acceptable to UUCW.
- Tickets will be sold from December 1, 2019 to January 9, 2020. The cost is $20 per ticket and may be purchased by cash or check. Each ticket must list the purchaser’s name, address, and telephone number, and it is recommended that the stub be signed by the purchaser for record-keeping purposes. If the ticket is a gift, the name of the giftee should be noted on the ticket stub.
- Purchase of a ticket is not considered a donation and is not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.
- The raffle drawing will be held on Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 11:20 a.m. at UUCW, 13001 W North Ave, Brookfield, WI 53005 and may also be live streamed on the UUCW Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/uuchurchwest.
- Winner need not be present at the drawing and will be contacted by telephone and via registered mail using the information provided on the winning ticket. Winner consents to the use of their name, comments, and photographs by UUCW for promotional purposes without further compensation.
- Prior to accepting the Prize, Winner must provide UUCW with a W-9, and a clear and readable photocopy of identification (such as driver’s license or passport). Winner’s social security number may be verified by UUCW, and additional forms or information may be required for tax reporting purposes before the Prize is released.
- The Winner will receive a W-2G form from UUCW, and the value of the Prize will be treated as ordinary income to the Winner for federal and state income tax purposes.
- UUCW will pay 25% tax on the gross Prize amount. All other taxes resulting from this income reported to Federal and State taxing authorities, will be the responsibility of the Winner.
- UUCW is not liable for any loss, injury, death, accident, theft, illness, or other misfortune of any nature whatsoever incurred during this trip or resulting from it. By accepting airline tickets or any other portion of the Prize, the Winner releases UUCW, its employees, trustees, agents, and attorneys from any and all obligations to the Prize and any and all claims or causes of action that may exist against UUCW known or unknown, as well as any such obligations, claims, or causes of action arising from the Winner’s acceptance of the Prize. UUCW makes no warranty whatsoever, express or implied, with respect to the Prize.
- Raffle tickets or payments for purchase of raffle tickets may not be deposited in the federal postal service; doing so is a violation of federal laws and may lead to penalties.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Raffle questions? Contact Church Administrator Vicki Banville.