- UUCW’s ROC-19 Task Force asks that UUCW NOT offer indoor services until Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties’ COVID-19 cases and positive test rates are in the green zone on dashboards such as www.covidactnow.org
- Outdoor services/large group meetings may be held. Everyone over the age of two years will be masked. All large group meetings and outdoor services will follow our existing UUCW guidelines about the provision of hand sanitizer, and disposable masks. We will offer only individually-packaged food/beverages at outdoor services. Social distancing will be encouraged. Sorry, no congregational singing. Hugs and handshakes are strongly discouraged.
More ROC-19 Task Force and UUCW Board Guidance:
- Vaccination ROC-19 strongly recommends that all UUCW members, friends, and staff over age 12 be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible (unless vaccination is medically ill-advised for you). Nearly all of the serious illnesses and deaths from COVID-19 in the United States are now occurring among unvaccinated people. The vaccines can reduce the risk of severe disease or death by tenfold or more. When more people are vaccinated, the risk to vulnerable populations, including young children and people who are not medically eligible for the vaccine, is reduced. The Delta variant is more than two times as contagious as previous variants, and causes more severe illness. Vaccination now, by slowing down the pandemic, can help stop even worse variants of the virus from developing.
- What to do if you feel sick Do not come to church events or activities if you have cold symptoms or fever.
- Contact Tracing If you have attended a UUCW service, meeting or event and test positive for COVID afterwards, please let Milwaukee and Waukesha County public health officials know to help with contact tracing. You may also let Rev. Suzelle or Rev. Denise know; they will treat your information with pastoral confidentiality.
- Staff and Front-Facing Volunteers Vaccination Policies The UUCW Board of Trustees passed a motion at its meeting on 8/26/2021, setting a new policy as follows: UUCW paid staff must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or submit a negative COVID-19 test within the 72 hours prior to any in-person UUCW work event. Front-facing UUCW volunteers must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or have on record with UUCW a religious or medical exemption.
For UUCW’s Phased Re-Opening Guidelines, see HERE.
If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact Vicki Banville, Church Administrator.