Dear UUCW Members and Friends,
This message is a follow-up to Sunday’s announcement about reopening at UUCW. The attached UUCW Phased Reopening Plan will give you the details!
As of Friday, June 11 – space is available for small groups to meet – and groups who meet outdoors can access the restrooms. Space reservations are required (contact Vicki Banville ) and masks must be worn in the building (read through the guidelines to learn why…). A map with photos of the meeting locations groups can reserve is here.
Here’s the big news: We will re-open for in-person worship on Ingathering Sunday, September 12. Hooray!
We understand that some might wonder why UUCW isn’t opening up immediately for in-person worship, since many members are vaccinated. Truth is, we have a significant population of UUCW people who cannot yet be vaccinated: children! And our UU ethics of inclusion mean doing what’s best for all of our members, kids, building renters, newcomers, and guests.
Some additional factors that guide the Phased Reopening Plan include:
1. Making sure that our very-tired staff get to take their summer vacations and return to work refreshed and ready for fall.
2. In August we will install and test the new system we will use for multi-platform worship (worship that is both in-person and online simultaneously).
3. There’s still considerable work to do to prepare the building for our return.
4. We need to fill important staff positions (like sextons who run the sound system on Sundays, nursery care providers) and train folks.
5. And there are volunteer teams (ushers, greeters, coffee people) that need to be brought back up to full strength! If you can lead one of those teams – contact us right away!
Please know that we all want to reopen and be back together at UUCW as soon as possible! That’s what we’re working towards. To help us move us in that direction, please join us for the many community-building activities and Sunday Socials we have planned over the summer. The next Social is June 27th at 10 am, followed by an outdoor group viewing of the UUA General Assembly worship service!
Thank you for all the ways you are supporting and participating at UUCW. You make our community strong and beautiful.
Blessings to you,
Rev. Suzelle Lynch