The food pantry collection for June, July, and August will be the FOOD Pantry Serving Waukesha County. The pantry started humbly in the basement of a volunteer’s home but now it serves 5,700 residents a month. Waukesha is Wisconsin’s third most populated county receives new clients every day.
Big 8 to Donate for Food Pantry of Waukesha County:
1. Canned ready-to-eat (pasta, soup, beef stew)
2. Canned Protein (tuna, spam, chicken)
3. Protein bars and shakes
4. Canned fruit (esp. pineapple and mandarin oranges)
5. Rice or whole grains
6. Personal Hygiene items (shampoo, soap, toothpaste)
7. Pull-ups — all sizes
There are 3 easy ways to donate:
1. Drop off donations at the Food Pantry Serving Waukesha County warehouse, 1301 Sentry Dr., Waukesha.
2. Donations can be placed in barrels located in Pick ‘n Save stores on Sunset in Waukesha and at Ruby Isle shopping center in Brookfield.
3. UUCW Member Sadie Sveum accepts donations in her Purple Tub on her porch. Contact Sadie for her exact address.
Or send a donation check directly to the FOOD Pantry:
Food Pantry Serving Waukesha County
1301 Sentry Drive
Waukesha, WI 53186
Thank you for your contributions,
Ellen Newbauer, UUCW Food Pantry Chair