The guidelines below allow us to be together in worship and religious education during the pandemic.
Please read them carefully and follow them closely. THANK YOU!
1. Online live service broadcasts will continue, accessed via our website, uucw.org/livestream/
2. If you feel ill, have a fever or cough, please stay home and enjoy the livestream worship.
3. Please plan to arrive at UUCW 15 -20 minutes early (by 9:40 am) to sign in. Signing in is for COVID contact tracing, if necessary.
4. Wear a mask at all times that covers both your nose and mouth. (Note: Speakers at the pulpit will unmask at times; this does not mean you can remove your mask.)
5. No hugging or handshakes – Elbow bumping and waves are always welcome.
6. Religious Education Families gather downstairs at beginning of service – Families with children in Religious Education will gather in the large, lower-level Gathering Area to view the first part of the service together on a large screen before the children head to RE classes. Adults may stay to view remainder of service onscreen or go to the Sanctuary or Community Room.
7. Nursery care is not yet available. Babies and other nursery-age children are welcome in Sanctuary, Community Room and Gathering Area with their parents.
8. Wear a coat or warm sweater! We will have windows open and fans on for better air exchange and circulation.
9. Cameras in sanctuary. If you are present in the Sanctuary, be aware you may appear on the livestream.
10. Sanitize your hands regularly. We will provide sanitizer at the East and West entrances. There is soap and paper towels in the restrooms as well.
11. Limited seating in Sanctuary. Overflow seating will be available in the Community Room, with a bigscreen TV showing the service.
12. No Eating or Drinking/Coffee Hour — Our COVID guidelines do not allow indoor eating or drinking at this time. There will be no after-service Coffee Hour yet.
13. Candle-Lighting Station provided for sharing Joys and Concerns – You may silently light a candle for a Joy or Concern before or after the service and fill out a Sharing Card at the table on the North Ave side of the Sanctuary. COVID safety precautions mean no spoken joys and concerns at this time.
14. No congregational singing – but humming behind your mask is ok. Singing in a large group indoors is still strongly discouraged by the Association of UU Music Ministries, the professional organization for congregational music leaders, and other professional musicians’ groups. We will have music from soloists and small ensembles.
15. Vaccination Required for Sunday Volunteers – All Sunday Volunteers must be vaccinated; please contact Church Administrator Vicki Banville for details.
16. If you test positive for COVID after attending a service at UUCW or having contact with UUCW members, please let Vicki Banville know as soon as possible.